Saturday 11 July 2009

Live from the Reichstag

I am sat on the sofa beside Alistair. We must look like bizarre twins, with our laptops resting on our knees, our dark attire, and our matching long, dark hair. Opposite me, the ex and Ben are snuggled on the other sofa in each others arms. Outside of everything that has happened, is happening, or will come to pass (I love dramatics), they are a sweet pair.
It's at times like these that I wish that they could be happy together, and Alistair and I could be happy together. And then, we could all link arms and skip into the sunset. Sunshine, lollipops, and rainbows everywhere.
It all sounds very nice, but I am not particularly certain that Alistair would want a "proper" relationship with me. I don't really bother to ask, because I don't think it would get me anywhere.
21.47 GMT: It's a couple of hours since the last post, and for the past hour, the ex and Ben have been absent. Having just come back from the loo, I can confirm that they are not upstairs. This means they must have gone downstairs, and even more likely, they are in the dungeon. Alistair has been looking increasingly more peeved. I am sure it is a mixture of the usual Ben/ex issue, and the fact that she was supposed to be roasting a duck for us tonight. I think we may be eating at the witching hour... I am always grateful when I am cooked for, and she has a marvellous talent for it, but my tummy is grinching at me. And besides, I would not dream of disappearing off for mutual molestations with Alistair and leave them sitting upstairs. It's a bit of a faux pas, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

You kiss your mother with that mouth?