Wednesday, 23 September 2009
This is just to say that I am taking a very short break from writing. the sads have got me quite badly, and it is quite hard for me to just get out of bed at the moment, let alone write.
I won't be away for very long.
Big hugs with inappropriate pervy gropes to everyone.
Friday, 18 September 2009
Thursday, 17 September 2009
Monday, 14 September 2009
Tuesday, 8 September 2009
And it seems he toddled in very recently, because he emailed me something. I hope he doesn't feel too violated that I publish it here, because it is one of the nicest things anybody has ever written to me. He is an awesomely great guy, and I cannot thank him enough for the way he watches over me:
"Yeah, I do keep up with life in Maisieland via the magic of the interwebs. And, you know, I'm not sure I should write this - but I do adore you. No longer in the "I want to spend my life with this person" mode, but seriously - the mere fact you exist makes me smile. I know you don't feel comfortable with compliments - but you are smart, funny, pretty, and someone who I feel is worthy of love. Whatever love you accept from others, you return with highly polished knobs on, and you have a way of making people feel good about themselves.And you do, indeed, deserve to be with someone who counts waking up beside you as a reason to believe that all is right with the world.
All I can say is thank the Flying Spaghetti Monster for men like you, my darling.
Monday, 7 September 2009
Before we were weaned, before we were laid in the cradle.
Our love has grown and developed our selves;
Death cannot break the promises of this love.
It will survive all the trials of fate
And visit us among the shadows of the tomb, In the depths of the grave.
The above is something that Saladin posted up online, it is an example of Arabic poetry by Jamil al Udhri.
I am pretty sure he writes... I wonder if he'll ever write anything for me.
1) "You're not classically beautiful, but you are pretty." - said in the early days of wooing.
2) "You look like a gnome. A goth gnome." - said to me recently when I sat on the hallway floor, waiting for a decision to be made about where we were going to that day.
3) "You have as much chance as anyone of having a child with me."
4) "You are like a great dane puppy, all limbs and no coordination." - variations said all the time.
5) (paraphrased due to stressful circumstance, and relating to the notion of a committed relationship with me) "I don't know. I have ruled [current play/fuck partner] out as relationship material, I haven't ruled you out." So everyone, it could be me, or it could be someone else. How exciting.
Friday, 4 September 2009
Thursday, 3 September 2009
Wednesday, 2 September 2009
Whilst 81 years might be many people's idea of hell, I am kinda sad that it won't be possible for me.
As you may have gathered, I believe in investing a lot in relationships. And I would love nothing more than to settle down, (in an unconventional kind of way), with a person I adore, who will be my companion until one of us toddles off the mortal coil.
Give me enduring passion and love, marriage, commitment, mutually satisfying sexual deviance, four cats, a great dane puppy, and a chihuaha.
03/09/09: When I first published this, I immediately withdrew it, because I was worried it was overly hard-nosed and I wanted to shield Alistair from any upset. But I am not happy tonight.